Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Trip to Fantasy World

I will never forget my first impression of Walt Disney World.  First impressions seem to last the longest and for me this is true.

Imagine yourself in a fantasy world where the fantasy comes alive at the turn of every corner.  That was my first impression of walking through the opening gates of Walt Disney World, Main Street, USA, where all the colorful characters and animated scenery come to life. 
 People were everywhere walking the pristine walks that were lined on both sides with flowers in every color of the rainbow.  I could smell the mingling aromas of candy floss that other children held like sticks of fluffy spun cotton.  The dark sweet fudge they were eating greedily came from the lollipop decorated candy shop that had the shape of Mickey Mouse.  All these smells mingled in the air and I felt as though I was in a field of wild flowers.




The sounds of tinkling laughter coming from the little children hold tightly to their mother’s hands, and the faces pick with excitement waiting for the Disney characters to appear from what seemed out of nowhere.  In the background I heard the thunderous sounds of a train riding its rails towards the station.  I was one of those happy faced children as I walked quickly down the street towards the music that seems to float on the air from every crook and crevice.                                                



In front of me I encountered Cinderella’s stately castle.  It’s pink and blues hues on the man-made stone of the castle blended it perfectly into the surrounding scenery.  The beautiful castle was glittering in the sunlight and throwing shadows onto the hordes of people below waiting for the regal princess to show herself to the throngs of people anxiously awaiting her arrival. 

 The anxiously awaited moment came when she seemed to float onto the log hewn drawbridge in all her regal glory.  She was a beautiful sight in her baby blue gown covered with the tiniest of sequins and most precious of pearls lining the square cut bodice of the gown.  Golden rings of curls were hanging from beneath her crown.  The crown made of what looked like gold, was intricately cut like a precious diamond.  Each steeple peak ended with a small dainty star, oh how enchanting she was.  As she moved forward her movements were so very soft, like she was walking on a white cloud made of the softest, satiny material.  Watching her gave me chills up and down my spine and when it seemed like she was looking directly at me I could feel the gentle fluttering of butterflies in my stomach and the rosy color and warmth rush to my cheeks.  As she began to speak to the enormous crowd that was gathered before her, there came a sudden, complete hush to the crowd.  Cinderella’s skin was like fine porcelain kilned to perfection.   My eyes were riveted on her; I could not draw my eyes from this vision of loveliness.  I was mesmerized waiting for her to speak; not knowing her voice would be like hearing angels singing in the choir at Christmas.  It was a melodious voice that brought calmness from within and caused a riveting of all eyes on her.  As she raised her white gloved, graceful hand into the air, she waved towards the hushed crowd. 
She was welcoming us, my family, to her fantasy world, to enjoy all the sights and sounds put there for our enjoyment.  This was my first taste of a world where children reign supreme and I had only been in the beautiful park for only a few minutes.  I will never forget the sweetness of the smells that assaulted me as I entered the gates, no will I forget that amazing beauty that welcomed me.  Never will I have such a wonder feeling of enjoyment as I did that day when I took my first steps of my fantasy trip into the World of Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom.  I will never feel the enchantment that I felt on that first sunny day in Florida, when I entered into another world. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie,

    WOW!! Have you considered being a writer? Excellent first post.

    I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Best,
    Tim Foley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful story! I love the way you put some of the words in color. There are terrific details and description. There are a few spelling mistakes that you might want to take care - noting should detract from such beautiful prose.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete